Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A House Does Not Always Feel Like A Home

I am feeling defeated, my life is totally controlled by outside forces. :-(

I am living in the best of the worst "housing" apt. that I could find on such short notice. I feel anger right now because I have no recourse but to go with the flow, keep my mouth shut and endure. I have found I am committed to another slumlord until I move again in about 2 years. It took me a week to figure this out, by observing things and neighbors talking. I can feel a depression coming on, I was so tired today, I slept all day.

My complaints are: (since nobody will liten, I will talk to myself)

1. I wrote to my landlord about certain things. I have not got a response but my neighbor said I won't, that the landlord does NOTHING! I just came from that. Ugh!

2. I think I heard a very soft doorbell (my hearing is bad) but I am not going to go all the way down the steps and open the door to who know what. If I ask who it is, I can't hear the answer. I feel like a prisoner.

3. I have not heard from housing, only know what my rent will be from calling, no appointment set for the inspection (as if that does anything) and I have not received a copy of the lease I signed from the landlord. My goodness, how irresponsible!! And bad business dealings.

4.I am upstairs and all I see are very close upstairs windows of the houses on either sides, and tree tops. I am feeling very claustrophobic, and the a/c and closed windows are not helping. I am stuck in my bed with the laptop as I have no TV and it is too cold and drafty in the living room to sit under it on the loveseat.

5. My trash can is filled with the neighbors trash and I can't even budge it. I discussed this with the neighbor and my other neighbor called the landlord. There are 3 trash cans, one for each apt. and the kids downstairs use all of them for dirty diapers.

6. The common hallway is a mess. I went out tonight and used the vacuumed but it is hard for me to do the steps and the walls are dirty and full of holes.

7. The steel doors to the apts. and downstairs to the common steps are totally dented. The labels to the apts. are made with 4 inch black lettering, looks like a factory, not a home.

8. Who ever heard of an apt. with no closet doors on the bedroom closet??? And also that is the ONLY closet It drives me nuts and I don't have hardly anything, I threw so much stuff out.

9.Who in the world puts bright blue indoor outdoor carpting in an apt????? Only a slumlord would do that! At least I have new carpeting, the girl across the hall,her carpet is a mess.

10.The apt. across the hall does not have a fire alarm and that concerns me ALOT. She is a smoker and she said she told the landlord to no avail. Also her door is off the hinge, and a bump can open it.

11. I don't have any deadbolt on my apt. door and with my hearing I need that.

12. My medicine cab is rusted inside, it needs replaced or painted and so far nobody has called, both spigots spray water at me, and the landlord took the screen out of the common hallway window and put it in the neighbors bathroom so now we can't open the window in the hallway as flies come in and it is narrow and dark and dreary and needs ventilation.

13. My refigerator is new, but so small, it is stupid!

14. The chain link fence around the property is pushed in and rusty, it is a disgrace.The gates don't close and are completely bent out of shape.

15. There is a metal table in the front yard that is filthy and low to the ground and why doesn't someone move it???? (like to the trash)

16. There is a park bench in the yard that is covered in dirt and grime and you can't even sit on it. Why? Wash it, sand it and paint it!

17. There is not one bit of storage in the bathroom, I use shelves with baskets. Why not put in a vanity? But that would be impossible with a sink that is hanging at a 45 degree angel and feels like it is going to fall off. (yes, the landlord is aware)

18.Nobody picks up trash outside anywhere except me!! What is the deal!??? The trashmen are slobs.

19. The old mailboxes were smashed so we got new horrible mailboxes and where the old ones were leaves a white area that needs painted yellow like the rest of the house. Am I the only one that sees this???

20.The kitchen cabinet door under the sink doesn't close as it needs a new magnet...swinging in the air. (yes, the landlord is aware).

This stuff is inexcusable, and I am furious. Why do landlords think they can just accept government money (everyones taxes) by renting to people in the housing system, most bums, but also some very good people who have had a tough life handed to them. Housing has very low requirements, which means the housing landlords can not do anything and still get paid, And THEY WILL GET PAID because the majority of the rent to the landlords come from "housing" and a small portion from the tenant, but if the tenant doesn't pay, they lose their housing voucher. In the real world, a landlord might lose money trying to get rent.

This is a win win situation for all housing landlords. Landlords that do accept housing usually are slumlords. I was duped by my current landlord who told me how wonderful he was and how excellent his apt. was. My caseworker vouched for him but she only knows his personality and has not seen his units.

I wish there was something I could do to make these landlords understand that some of us are good people, not druggies or bums that don't want to work because we are lazy. We could be their mothers or fathers but maybe that wouldn't matter either.

Housing landlords=not very nice people!

Another thing in this world that is sad!

Comem Jesus come!
...

No comments: